The Will Challenge LAWYERS
We can help you if:
Freecall 1800 098 113
DON'T LOSE YOUR INHERITANCE!
You may have learned that you are receiving a gift under a Will or part of an estate and then receive the unpleasant news that the Will is being challenged or a claim is being made against the estate. In those circumstances there will be a real risk of you losing your inheritance or receiving less than you rightfully should.
Don't delay in obtaining independent legal advice. Independent means independent from the will-maker's lawyer, independent from the executor's lawyer, independent from the other beneficiaries' lawyers and independent from the lawyers acting for anyone making a challenge or claim.
Everyone involved in these types of disputes will be trying to protect their own interests.
You should obtain immediate independent advice if:-
- you suspect that the executor has not taken the proper steps to protect your inheritance;
- you hear that there is a challenge or a claim against the estate;
- you suspect that you have not been kept properly informed as to how the dispute is progressing;
- the executor does not share your view of the proper way to administer the estate;
- the executor does not share your view of the proper way to protect the estate assets; or
- the executor is a trustee company, the public trustee or an executor company.
It might be expected that a trustee company, the public trustee or an executor company can be relied on to protect the interest of the beneficiaries named in the Will, however if there is a challenge to the Will or a claim against the estate then it is best that you have your own independent lawyer. This is often preferred by the trustee companies, the public trustees and the executor companies.
If your entitlement under a Will is threatened then there should be no delay at all in you obtaining the best independent legal advice. If you miss your opportunity to defend your inheritance then you will not get a second chance.