The Will Challenge LAWYERS
We can help you if:
Freecall 1800 098 113
SYDNEY’S WILL CHALLENGE AND ESTATE DISPUTE SPECIALISTS
Are you involved in a dispute over a Will or over an estate in NSW? Do you feel something relating to a Will or an estate is wrong or unfair? Then you should get the help of a solicitor with plenty of experience in the field.
Disputes over Wills or estates are often called "Will challenges", "contested Wills", "estate claims", "estate litigation", "estate disputes", "disputed Wills", "Family Provision Act claims" or "deceased estates".
Regardless of the name, they fall into four major categories:-
Cases where you may need to make a claim against the estate include those where:
- You have been left out of a Will altogether; or
- In the circumstances you should have received a bigger share of the estate; or
- You should have been left a particular asset; or
- There are some unreasonable conditions to be met before you get your inheritance.
You need to challenge the validity of a Will if the Will was made in suspicious circumstances. Examples of this include cases where:
- The person making the Will did not understand what they were doing; or
- The person making the Will was put under pressure to make the Will the way they did.
You may be named as the executor in a Will and find that the beneficiaries are fighting between themselves, or there are people who are claiming part of the estate even though they are not named as beneficiaries. You may also be the next of kin of someone who died without any Will and the estate comes under challenge.
You risk losing your inheritance if you are named as a beneficiary in a Will and:
- The Will is under challenge; or
- A claim is being made against the estate.
In all cases you need a lawyer with extensive experience in this field. You need a lawyer who will :
- Avoid court action if at all possible, but pursue your interests vigorously if court action cannot be avoided;
- Give you a frank assessment of your chances of successfully challenging a will or making a claim; and
- Be committed to communicating properly with you and to being accessible to you when you need them.
The Will Challenge Lawyers are solicitors who know the law and your legal rights. They have the experience that you need.
Time limits apply to Will challenges and estate claims, so if you have any doubt about your rights in relation to a Will or estate, then you should call us now to get a proper advice on your rights. If you are too slow to seek our help you could lose your inheritance.